Wellington is a residential neighbourhood located in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The neighbourhood was developed after World War II with approximately two out of three of residences built between 1946 and 1960. Another one in four residences were built during the 1960s. Development was substantially complete by 1970.
According to the 2005 municipal census, the most common type of residence in the neighbourhood is the single-family dwelling. These account for three out of every four residences. Row houses account for another one in six residences. The remaining residences are rented apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories and duplexes. Seven out of ten of residences are owner-occupied with only three out of ten rented.
There are three schools in the neighbourhood. McArthur Elementary School is operated by the Edmonton Public School System while St. Angela Catholic Elementary School and Sir John Thompson Catholic Junior High School are operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System.
In 2008 Wellington Community Center will celebrate its 50 year anniversary. (Wellington is 57 years old) The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 137 Avenue, on the east by 127 Street, and on the south by 132 Avenue. The western boundary is one half block west of 141 Street.
There are many mature beautiful parks in the neighbourhood.